Meira Kumar, previous Lok Sabha Speaker, will be the resistance's contender for President against the BJP's candidate, Ram Nath Kovind. It was chosen at a meeting of 17 parties led by Congress president Sonia Gandhi in Delhi on Thursday evening. Obviously, the Opposition has transformed the presidential race into a Dalit versus Dalit challenge and Lalu Yadav has engaged his accomplice and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to alter his opinion on supporting the BJP's chosen one. "The collegium ought to choose the President in best enthusiasm of nation, on standards and belief systems," Meira Kumar said.
Here are the 10 most recent advancements in this issue on everyone's mind:
1.The choice to field Meira Kumar, portrayed as "consistent" by the Left's Sitaram Yechury, has secured the key support of Mayawati's Bahujan Samaj Party. Mayawati, herself a Dalit symbol, had demonstrated that she would not like to be viewed as hindering a Dalit hopeful's ascent to the top office in the nation. "UPA chosen one for President's post Meira Kumar is more fit and prominent than NDA competitor," Ms Mayawati stated, as indicated by news office PTI.
2. Sources said Nationalist Congress Party pioneer Sharad Pawar, who hosted kept the other restriction gatherings speculating, was made a request to talk first and said he supported handling Congress pioneer Sushil Kumar Shinde or business analyst Bhalchandra Mungekar, both Dalits as well.
3. Pioneers of different gatherings, in any case, upheld Meira Kumar. Sonia Gandhi hosts spoke to all resistance gatherings to bolster Ms Kumar's bid. Voting will happen on July 17 and results will be reported three days after the fact on July 20.
4. After the restriction's declaration, Prime Minister Narendra Modi met BJP boss Amit Shah. Senior priests Venkaiah Naidu and Anant Kumar were additionally present.
5. The BJP and partners now have well more than 60 for every penny of the vote with the support of a few local gatherings including both groups of the AIADMK, however the resistance parties say a challenge will symbolize "a clash of belief systems".
6. The counter BJP front was left impressively reduced by Nitish Kumar, the Chief Minister of Bihar, leaving the alliance to bolster the BJP's applicant. His accomplices have asked for him to reexamine his choice.
7. Lalu Yadav said after the meeting, "I offer to Nitish Kumar to bolster the girl of Bihar... We will meet tomorrow and claim to him to reexamine. One must not do a verifiable error, you've taken a wrong choice". The Congress' Ashok Choudhary too encouraged to Nitish Kumar to alter his opinion now that the resistance has picked a Dalit applicant from Bihar in Ms Kumar.
8. Be that as it may, Pawan Varma of Nitish Kumar's Janata Dal United said there was no doubt of the gathering changing its psyche. "We have connected our brain and will stick to Kovind... The restriction is currently simply offering a token battle."
9. Smash Nath Kovind, 71, was, till his designation, the Governor of Bihar. Nitish Kumar has said he makes a perfect possibility for Rashtrapati Bhavan. The Chief Minister depends intensely on the support of Dalits in Bihar.
10. Nitish Kumar's choice to vote with the BJP has put new weight on his officially delicate cooperation in Bihar with both the Congress and Lalu Yadav. "Regardless of whether he sold out us or not, that lone Nitish Kumar knows. We are in a coalition, we have a legislature in Bihar and it will proceed," said Lalu Yadav.